- August 7, 2022 – Staff arrival in the morning & Camper arrival in the afternoon
- August 11, 2022 – Campers & Staff depart
Applications for 2022 are closed.
Camp One Step’s Adventure Program is going unplugged! Campers will experience the joy of tent camping and the challenge of adventure activities that may include rock climbing, zip lining, and kayaking during this five-day experience. The program will start at Conference Point for outdoor skills training and then move to a Wisconsin based campsite for three days and two nights before wrapping up the experience back at Conference Point. This program is for campers between the age of 15 – 19 years of age for current and past pediatric cancer patients. It will be an amazing adventure!
Top Safety Guidelines to Know
Participants are required to read the full Safety Guidelines document HERE, and are encouraged to do so prior to registration.
- Help create a healthy start to camp: make sure your camper can cover their coughs and sneezes and knows proper hand washing techniques before arriving on campus!
- Screening: campers, staff and volunteers should expect to participate in screening pre-camp, upon arrival, during camp, and post-camp.
- Testing: campers, staff and volunteers will require testing prior to camp and upon arrival.
- Vaccination: Volunteers and staff are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to participate.
- Transportation: Currently, we are planning for transportation to camp to be arranged by camper family. Transportation should not be a reason to stay home from camp; please reach out to the COS Programs Team for assistance if needed.
- Face coverings: Disposable face masks will be provided on campus. Campers will wear face masks when indoors, except when eating or drinking, and outdoors if unable to physically distance or participating in an activity with another cohort. Staff and volunteers will be asked to wear a face covering at all times except when eating, drinking, swimming, or when they are in their assigned sleeping place.
- Cohorting: Small groups of campers and counselors will eat together, participate in activities together, and are assigned to the same housing space. Multiple cohorts may come together for group activities in the outdoor setting only as long as physical distancing can be maintained.
- There will be increased cleaning on campus by professionals and the camp team.
COVID-19 Vaccine Deadlines
COVID-19 Vaccination Deadlines
To comply with the vaccination policy, participants over 5 years old who are not yet vaccinated against COVID-19 must follow the schedule below for each respective program:
- Individuals 5 years of age or older who are receiving Pfizer BioNTech: July 1st, 2022
- Individuals 18 years of age or older who are receiving Moderna: June 24th, 2022
Up to date vaccines are defined by the CDC as completing the primary series plus a booster if applicable. A booster vaccine is required if you are 12 years of age or older AND more than 5 months from your primary series of Pfizer or Moderna vaccine. Refer to the CDC chart at the following link, or contact Camp One Step’s Medical Director: @[email protected]: https
AFTER SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After registering you will begin to receive the following information from Program Leaders
- Camper Welcome notification
- Packing list & “What to expect”
- Pick up/Drop off times
You must submit this paperwork in order for your application to be complete
- Physical exam form
- Covid Vaccine Card
Camp One Step is thankful to SurvivorVision for sponsoring this camp.