- Yoga with Adriene is a Youtube channel providing free yoga to over 6 million subscribers.
- Yoga by Degrees offers a variety of hatha yoga classes to accomodate every level and interest.
Suggested Free Apps
All of the apps listed have free components to them, some due to COVID-19. There is no purchase required unless you want to expand your app package.
- Calm: Experience lower stress, less anxiety, and more restful sleep with guided meditations, sleep stories, breathing programs, movement exercises, journals and relaxing music. During COVID-19, Calm is offering some of their best selections free of charge.
- Headspace, a popular meditation and mindfulness app, is offering free content to help manage stress and anxiety during COVID-19. The free collection “Weathering The Storm,” includes meditations, sleep, and movement exercises to relieve stress and anxiety, and promote calmness during these challenging times.
- Smiling mind promotes daily mindfulness and meditation practices. Smiling Mind was developed by psychologists and educators to help bring balance to your life.
- Thrive Inside with Smiling Mind helps you remain inspired, stay connected and foster good mental habits during the Coronavirus crisis.
- Insight timer provides a large collection of daily meditations focusing on improving sleep, coping with anxiety, & managing stress. They also offer a large selection of meditation exercises for kids.
- Gthx Gratitude provides gratitude tools and motivating practices to bring you more joy, less stress and healthier relationships.
- Breathe2Relax is an app to help slow your breath to calm your body. Adults and kids can use this.
- Woebot is an app that gives you the opportunity to talk through and process some of your feelings of anxiety and depression. The woebot, a computer coach, uses cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) practices to walk you through calming exercises, and gives you someone to talk to. Woebot can also check in on you daily to see how you are doing and provide support. This is a great app to recommend for parents to help their children, and actually has been supported by research. Best for ages 18+.
Take a Break! Read a Good Book
Kids love to color but did you know that many adults also enjoy this activity. Coloring has many demonstrated benefits – it helps to clear the mind and provides a sense of calm, can reduce stress and anxiety, helps individuals to focus, encourages creativity, and provides an outlet to express individuality. Check out these free downloadable coloring pages for adults and kids.
- Coloring Bliss.com Coloring pages are designed to inspire, uplift and heal.
- art-is-fun.com. These free adult coloring pages are full of detailed whimsical designs that you can download, print and color!
- everfreecoloring.com Flower patterns are often loved by adults. They are so beautiful that you may want to frame them when you are finished.
- everfreecoloring.com These coloring pages are designed to motivate, inspire and uplift you even on some of the most challenging days.