Thank you to all of our camper families who joined us for a drive-in movie experience in Chicago! Families enjoyed The Incredibles while being surrounded by other COS families. Snacks and camp swag made this evening even more memorable!
Top Safety Guidelines to Know for in-person Summer Camp
Participants are required to read the full Safety Guidelines document HERE, and are encouraged to do so prior to registration.
- Help create a healthy start to camp: make sure your camper can cover their coughs and sneezes and knows proper hand washing techniques before arriving on campus!
- Screening: campers, staff and volunteers should expect to participate in screening pre-camp, upon arrival, during camp, and post-camp.
- Testing: campers, staff and volunteers will require testing prior to camp and upon arrival.
- Vaccination: Volunteers and staff are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to participate.
- Transportation: Currently, we are planning for transportation to camp to be arranged by camper family. Transportation should not be a reason to stay home from camp; please reach out to the COS Programs Team for assistance if needed.
- Face coverings: Disposable face masks will be provided on campus. Campers will wear face masks when indoors, except when eating or drinking, and outdoors if unable to physically distance or participating in an activity with another cohort. Staff and volunteers will be asked to wear a face covering at all times except when eating, drinking, swimming, or when they are in their assigned sleeping place.
- Cohorting: Small groups of campers and counselors will eat together, participate in activities together, and are assigned to the same housing space. Multiple cohorts may come together for group activities in the outdoor setting only as long as physical distancing can be maintained.
- There will be increased cleaning on campus by professionals and the camp team.
Registration is closed for 2021. See you next year!
We love our camp family, and want to shower you with fun all summer-long! Our NEW Summer Series offers camp-favorite activities for the whole family to enjoy from May-September. Camp One Step is organizing each outing, and we look forward to having you sit back, relax and enjoy the ride (literally)!
Saturday, May 8Camp One Step Drive-In Movie Night sponsored by the Anthony Rizzo Family Foundation
Camp One Step will provide camper families with passes to Great America in Gurnee, or an alternative theme park close to your home. This adventure comes with a gift card to cover a meal or transportation.
SUNDAY, JULY 11
Summer Camp 2021 offers campers four days of virtual fun and an in-person experience on our Lake Geneva campus. Click HERE to learn more.
Fun surprises are yet to come for you and your family! Stay tuned for more!
September is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month, and we plan to celebrate YOU! Stay tuned for more plans.
Summer Series registration will be separate for each activity.
What is the Summer Series?
Camp One Step is offering a Summer Series in 2021 to support our camper families so they can enjoy fun time together during these unprecedented times. From May – September, Camp One Step will offer one event per month free of charge to promote family fun. Events include a Drive-In Movie Night in May, tickets to a theme park in June, and more outings and adventures TBA in August and September. Camp One Step will cover costs associated with admission, and for many activities will also provide supplemental funding to help with other expenses such as meals or transportation. Let’s have camp fun all summer long!
Who is eligible to participate?
All current camper families are welcome to attend! New families who have a child who has been diagnosed with cancer (up to the age of 19) are welcome to participate as well.
Do families have to participate in every event?
Families can participate in whichever events they choose based on their interests, schedule, and availability. Registration will be required for each event.
What are the activities and where are they?
Save the date! The Drive-in Movie will be held on Saturday, May 8th at ChiTown Futbol in Chicago. In June, Camp One Step will be providing admission tickets to camper families to one of three amusement parks such as Six Flags Great America. Participating families can choose what day in June this outing best fits their schedule. In July, Summer Camp will be offered. In August and September, camper families will be invited to participate in more outings and adventures TBA. In addition to admission tickets to each event, Camp One Step will provide a small stipend to help families defray some other costs for each event, which may include meals or transportation.
What safety measures are going to be in place?
Camp One Step promotes physical distancing, wearing a mask, and frequent hand-washing, and adheres to all safety measures recommended by the CDC and state and local health departments. We encourage families to adhere to measures recommended by Public Health Departments and the CDC. We also encourage you to consult with your physician before taking part in an event or activity, as each family’s needs and situations are different.
How do I register?
Registration for each activity will become available closer to the date (or month) of the experience. You can check the website www.camponestep.org to find current open registrations. Please note that in some cases, space may be limited.
How many people do you anticipate serving?
We anticipate hosting up to 100 families at each event.